Backup & Restore
TradersYard X offers you the possibility of creating a backup of the entire system. Should you ever lose data due to unforeseen circumstances, then the last data backup can be implemented to restore lost data.
In order to create a backup file select Main->Backup/Restore->Backup.
You need to disconnect the data feed and broker, before doing the backup, as otherwise there might occur problems. When clicking on "Backup" you will be warned by a popup message:
- Select a series type, such as, for example, weekly, daily …
- Select the weekday.
- Select the precise time.
- Specify how much memory should be available for backups on your hard drive.
- Once the maximum size has been reached, the oldest backup is automatically deleted.
- You should specify at least enough memory that up to min. 4 backups are possible. This is recommended so that several restore points can be created, and so that a restoration to an earlier functioning version is guaranteed. The more backups, the more certain the restoration of functioning data.
- Information about the necessary memory is calculated according to which data has been activated for the backup.
- TradersYard X executable: when active, the installation file is added to each backup, so that you can restore not only files, but also the respective version, and this reduces version conflicts and cannot be deactivated.
- TradersYard X environment: with this, all user data, such as workspace, trading journal, Add-Ons, conditions, and co. are backed up.
- TradersYard X data: here, logs, histories, replay data, and snapshots are backed up.
- Specify the storage location on your storage medium. (Hard drive, SSD, USB …)
- There must be enough memory and sufficient write permission in the storage location.
- Here you can choose down to the last detail which user data should be backed up. There are two main directories, the user directory, and the data directory. The first can be compared to the “TradersYard X environment”, and the second to the “TradersYard X data” from the simple mode.
- Activating or deactivating the respective checkbox decides which data should be backed up.
- The TradersYard X installation file is also always backed up along with this here.
With the button “Apply”, changes are saved. The “Backup” button immediately creates a new backup, and “Close” closes the window without creating a backup or saving data.
As soon as the “Backup” button has been clicked, the backup starts, and it can be stopped again using the button “Cancel”.
Each created backup can subsequently be found under the function “Restore”.
The user can run TradersYard X on a VM machine (in our case Virtual Box) and store the backup on his local machine. In order to do that please follow these steps:
- Create the Backup folder on the user's local PC. In this folder, Backup will be stored.
- Open Virtual Box and click on settings
- Go to the Shared Folder section and click on Add Shared Folder button
- In open dialog select Folder Path->Other and through the Browse Folder window add the Backup folder.
- Start the virtual machine. Go to folder Network -> VBOXSVR -> User Backup folder and copy path. It should look like \\VBOXSVR\Backup
- Run TradersYard X. In the Backup section paste the backup folder path and click the Backup button.
Now your VM backups will be stored on your local PC.
In another case, the User should zip the User and Data directory. By default they are located: User Directory: C:\Users\"PC_Name"\Documents\TradersYardX Data Directory: C:\Users\"PC_Name"\AppData\Local\TradersYardX
You may store these zip files wherever you want, but keep in mind that there has to be enough memory usage.
To restore the backup user should close TradersYard X, extract the backup files from the archive and replace files in the user and data directory.
In this window, all previously created backups are displayed. With a click on the desired point of recovery, TradersYard X will automatically be set back to the version and files of the specified date.
The storage location of the backups will automatically be synchronized with the backup dialogue window.
The location of the user data backup folder can be defined manually. It can, for example, be saved in: "... /Documents/TradersYardX".
With the default setup, the backup folder is saved in the TradersYard X user directory (.../Documents/TradersYardX/).
If you need to restore any data, copy the required data from the backup folder into the TradersYard X user directory folder (.../Documents/TradersYardX/).
If for any reason you do not want or need your customized settings anymore or if you unwittingly made settings, you don't want, yet do not find back to previous settings, you can easily set back your TradersYard X to default values.
When clicking "Main - Backup/Restore - Setback to default values", you are asked if you are sure that you want to reset all your settings. After confirming this, TradersYard X is set back to default values.
Please note that all of your settings are deleted!