Scanner Context Menu
To bring up the context menu, right-click within the scanner interface.
The context menu can be reached from the watch list or a list chart group.
The image below shows the context menu options and several additional choices for a list chart group (marked in red):
Select the Open linked chart menu item to open the chart dialog and create a single chart.
After defining all parameters, click the OK button to confirm them.
This feature provides access to Instrument News from Yahoo Finance website without having to open a 3rd party browser.
The scanner context menu allows you to start a strategy for selected instruments. To do so, right-click on one or multiple market rows and choose the Start Strategy menu item.
Once selected, the following strategies dialog window will appear:
Select the desired strategy within this window and click either the OK or the Apply button. You can find the list of active strategies in the Strategy escort tab.
This feature allows you to display and edit the exact mapping details of the selected instrument:
The following window will appear:
From there you can make sure that you are using the correct mapping. It is also possible to edit it (on your own risk!).
In order to add a new instrument or a complete instrument list to your Scanner, simply right-click on your Scanner and select Add Instruments from the drop-down menu:
The chosen instrument list or instrument will be attached to already existing instruments within the scanner.
If the selected list contains instruments already included in the scanner, these instruments will be ignored, since duplicate entries cannot be created.
In order to delete an instrument from the scanner:
- Select a row with the instrument name,
- right-click on it to open the context menu (the row will be highlighted in blue),
- select the Remove instrument option.
- Select any row with the instrument name,
- right-click to open the context menu,
- select the Remove all instruments option.
The context menu option Copy to Instrument List offers two possibilities:
Instrument Lists: shows all available instrument lists within the submenu. Here you can select the list into which the instrument should be copied.
New: opens the Instrument Escort and creates a <New List> for selected multiple rows in the scanner. If only one row is selected, all instruments will be placed into the <New List> within the Instrument Escort:
It is necessary to distinguish between scanner lists and instrument lists. If you add a new instrument to an instrument list, it will not be automatically displayed in the scanner. You will be able to see it only after reloading the scanner.
TradersYard X allows you to reload multiple instrument lists using the Reload Instrument Lists option. After reloading, current information will be saved to the appropriate Scanner.
This option makes the most sense when you need to fetch the current values for a static, dynamic instrument list or one of the Preset scanner lists. In addition, the Automatically Reload Instruments Lists function allows you to reload the instrument list automatically.
This menu function becomes available only for futures contracts:
It allows you to move the expiration date of a futures contract.
The Assign AnalyzerSession menu function only becomes available when at least one Analyzer column is attached to the scanner.
Right-click in this column to bring up the context menu, then choose between the available layers determined by you as analyzer sessions in the Strategy Builder.
The Signal Direction menu function only becomes available when at least one Analyzer column is attached to the scanner.
Right-click in this column to bring up the context menu, then choose between Signal directions you want to display in the Analyzer column.
- Both Directions: Analyzer Escort column would display both direction signals.
- Long Only: Analyzer Escort column would display only long direction signals.
- Short Only: Analyzer Escort column would display only short direction signals.
The sort interval function allows you to define how often TradersYard X will automatically sort your signals in the Analyzer columns. In order to tell TradersYard X how you want these signals sorted, you must initially manually sort the Analyzer column as you wish to have it by clicking the title bar. You only need to carry this out once, but this function will not work if you do not sort the column manually first.
Enter the time interval in seconds by which you wish to sort the selected column. For example, a 5 sec. interval means that sorting will take place every 5 seconds:
This functionality makes it possible for you to be notified of signals or events that occur. When you activate (or deactivate) the Enable Sound Alerts option, it will be applied to the entire watch list or list chart group.
To assign a sound notification to a specific entry signal, select Strategies -> Setup Builder -> Select your Analyzer -> go to the Parameter tab -> Choose entry escort from the list -> SignalSound.
Selecting the Export to MS Excel option from the context menu will export the scanner list into a CSV file.
Right-click on the scanner column and select the Edit columns option to bring up the scanner columns editor and manage columns i.e. their settings.
The scanner columns editor allows you to add (or remove) a variety of columns to (from) the scanner:
The selection tree (top left) allows you to insert different columns and includes the following:
In order to add components to the column list, you need to drag & drop the desired content to the list in the middle. You can use the Remove button anytime you want to remove them.
If you left-click on a component from the column list, the parameter box (on the right side) will display the associated settings.
Click the Apply button to apply the components and their settings to the scanner or the OK button to apply the components to the scanner and close the editor.
If you wish to revert all unconfirmed changes and close the column editor window click the Cancel button.
The parameter box allows you to define different scanner (i.e. watch list) column parameters.
Parameter settings are grouped into several categories:
- Back color: background-color
- Font: font settings
- Relative column width: width of the column
- Decimal places: number of decimal places which will be shown in the column
- Data Reload Interval: how often the data will be reloaded (in minutes)
- Content Alignment: Alignment of the internal content of the column
- Indicator Name: symbol for the indicator.
- Bars required: the number of historical periods (bars) required for the correct.
- Back color: background color of the column.
- Font: font type.
- Relative column width: column width changes.
- Decimal places: number of decimal points.
- Caption: column headings.
- Input Price Type: data series (high, low, close, open) for calculation of a component.
- Calculate On Bar Close: if set to "true" then the component will be calculated upon closing of each bar (period). Warning! If "CalculateOnBarClose" is set to 'false' then re-calculation will occur on every tick. This can result in speed (performance) problems for the entire application!
- Time frame:
- Periodicity: defines the interval type (seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months)
- Value: defines the length of the interval (e.g. 5 min.).
- Vertical grid lines: applicable for the chart but not for the scanner.
- Displacement: applicable for the chart but not for the scanner.
- Input & Output:
- Input: only pertains to the data series based on which the indicator is calculated. The standard setting is "close", i.e. the indicator will be calculated based on the closing prices of the corresponding period.
- Series or Output Value: allows you to assign e.g. either the "D" or "K" value for stochastic indicators displayed in the scanner column.
- Input Parameters: displays specific indicator settings. Please view the corresponding indicator description for more information.
- Ranges: shows relevant threshold values (upper, lower, zero lines) for the oscillators.
- Lower: this is usually the line that refers to the indicators in the oversold position.
- Upper: this is usually the line that refers to the indicators in the overbought position.
- Zero line: some indicators bounce around the zero line in a positive/negative area.
- Special: allows you to perform very simple scanning for indicators.
- Cross Above Upper: crosses the upper line from below
- Is Above Upper: the oscillator is above the upper line
- Cross Below Upper: crosses the upper line from above (can sometimes be considered a "bear" signal)
- Cross Below Lower: crosses the lower line from above
- Is Below Lower: the oscillator is below the lower line
- Cross Above Lower: crosses the lower line from below (can sometimes be considered a "bull" signal)
- Is Above: the zero line oscillator is above the zero line
- Cross Above: the zero line is crossed bottom-up
- Cross Below: the zero line is crossed top-down
- Is Below: the zero line oscillator is below the zero line
Despite the fact that some indicators displayed on the chart (SMA, EMA) do not have threshold values, you may still input the same scanning criteria for them as for zero line oscillators. The indicator line will then be viewed as the zero line and a price will represent the oscillating value. The image below illustrates this:
The color red has been selected for the Bollinger ribbon indicator for the Is Above Upper option. As soon as the closing price of the currency pairs crosses above the upper Bollinger ribbon, the corresponding instrument cells will turn red.
TradersYard X allows you to apply the saved settings to a new scanner using scanner templates.
When saving a scanner template, the following settings will be stored:
- columns inside the chart
- your current settings (background color, indicator parameters, etc.)
Please note that the list of instruments from the scanner will not be saved.
In order to load a scanner template, click on the scanner templates button and select your templates from Load -> Template Name
You can manage (rename, delete) your templates from there.
TradersYard X allows you to reload the whole scanner or the single column: Reload and Reload 'field_name'
You can edit self-scripted indicators and conditions (if they are added to the scanner columns) through the context menu by using the Edit function:
From there you can edit your condition or your self-scripted indicator directly from your ListChartGroup/Watchlist:
Enter Set Refresh Rate in milliseconds up to 10000 by which you wish to refresh scanner columns (Ask/Bid, etc):
The scanner for a list chart group is linked to the associated charts.
This means that charts will be created and displayed in correspondence with entries made in the scanner.
The scanner context menu allows the following entry possibilities:
- Save/Print: prints or saves the chart group of the instrument currently selected or in use.
- Chart Group: contains the following range of functions:
- Mark Item: allows you to mark/color a symbol:
- Reset Marked Item: here you can undo a symbol's marking: