The scanner toolbar permits quick access to the most important scanner functionalities and is highly customizable. Left-click on the toolbar options and select Add / Remove commands to select the icons you wish to be displayed within the toolbar.
This function allows you to increase or decrease scanner size.
Scanner maximizing button
Scanner minimizing button
You may fully hide the scanner just left mouse click on the splitter bar:
This function allows you to add an Analyzer Session column to your Watchlist/ListChartGroup.
In order to add an Analyzer, simply click on the following button in the toolbar:
The Analyzer popup allows you to input the following parameters:
- Name: If you have several AnalyzerEscort columns within the scanner, we recommend that you change the header text so that the signals and the corresponding time frame can be recognized immediately.
- TimeFrame: Input the time frame in which signals should be scanned for;
- Session: Choose between the available layers that have been determined in the Setup Escort as analyzer sessions.
This function allows the user to remove the Analyzer column from your Watchlist/ListChartGroup.
You can simply click on the Remove Analyzer button and choose the column you want to remove from the list:
This function allows you to reload the whole scanner.
Reloads only the selected column. Use this setting in order to avoid unnecessary data processing.
Click on the Edit Columns button in order to change or adjust the columns in your Scanner:
The scanner columns editor allows you to add (or remove) a variety of columns to (from) the scanner:
The scanner columns editor allows you to add (or remove) a variety of columns to (from) the scanner:
The selection tree (top left) allows you to insert different columns and includes the following:
In order to add components to the column list, you need to drag & drop the desired content to the list in the middle. You can use the Remove button anytime you want to remove them.
If you left-click on a component from the column list, the parameter box (on the right side) will display the associated settings.
Click the Apply button to apply the components and their settings to the scanner or the OK button to apply the components to the scanner and close the editor.
If you wish to revert all unconfirmed changes and close the column editor window click the Cancel button.
The parameter box allows you to define different scanner (i.e. watch list) column parameters.
Parameter settings are grouped into several categories:
- Back color: background-color
- Font: font settings
- Relative column width: width of the column
- Decimal places: number of decimal places which will be shown in the column
- Data Reload Interval: how often the data will be reloaded (in minutes)
- Content Alignment: Alignment of the internal content of the column
- Indicator Name: symbol for the indicator.
- Bars required: the number of historical periods (bars) required for the correct.
- Back color: background color of the column.
- Font: font type.
- Relative column width: column width changes.
- Decimal places: number of decimal points.
- Caption: column headings.
- Input Price Type: data series (high, low, close, open) for calculation of a component.
- Calculate On Bar Close: if set to "true" then the component will be calculated upon closing of each bar (period). Warning! If "CalculateOnBarClose" is set to 'false' then re-calculation will occur on every tick. This can result in speed (performance) problems for the entire application!
- Time frame:
- Periodicity: defines the interval type (seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months)
- Value: defines the length of the interval (e.g. 5 min.).
- Vertical grid lines: applicable for the chart but not for the scanner.
- Displacement: applicable for the chart but not for the scanner.
- Input & Output:
- Input: only pertains to the data series based on which the indicator is calculated. The standard setting is "close", i.e. the indicator will be calculated based on the closing prices of the corresponding period.
- Series or Output Value: allows you to assign e.g. either the "D" or "K" value for stochastic indicators displayed in the scanner column.
- Input Parameters: displays specific indicator settings. Please view the corresponding indicator description for more information.
- Ranges: shows relevant threshold values (upper, lower, zero lines) for the oscillators.
- Lower: this is usually the line that refers to the indicators in the oversold position.
- Upper: this is usually the line that refers to the indicators in the overbought position.
- Zero line: some indicators bounce around the zero line in a positive/negative area.
- Special: allows you to perform very simple scanning for indicators.
- Cross Above Upper: crosses the upper line from below
- Is Above Upper: the oscillator is above the upper line
- Cross Below Upper: crosses the upper line from above (can sometimes be considered a "bear" signal)
- Cross Below Lower: crosses the lower line from above
- Is Below Lower: the oscillator is below the lower line
- Cross Above Lower: crosses the lower line from below (can sometimes be considered a "bull" signal)
- Is Above: the zero line oscillator is above the zero line
- Cross Above: the zero line is crossed bottom-up
- Cross Below: the zero line is crossed top-down
- Is Below: the zero line oscillator is below the zero line
Despite the fact that some indicators displayed on the chart (SMA, EMA) do not have threshold values, you may still input the same scanning criteria for them as for zero line oscillators. The indicator line will then be viewed as the zero line and a price will represent the oscillating value. The image below illustrates this:
The color red has been selected for the Bollinger ribbon indicator for the Is Above Upper option. As soon as the closing price of the currency pairs crosses above the upper Bollinger ribbon, the corresponding instrument cells will turn red.
This option allows you to create a chart or a chart group which will be linked to your Analyzer.
This feature provides access to Instrument News from Yahoo Finance website without having to open a browser. All you have to do is mark the instrument which interests you and click on the Yahoo logo in the toolbar or in the scanner menu:
A new tab in TradersYard X will open:
Fundamentals from Yahoo
This function allows you to start a strategy for selected instruments.
Simply mark one or multiple market rows and choose the Start Strategy button in the toolbar:
Once selected, the following strategies dialog window will appear:
Select the desired strategy within this window and click either the OK or the Apply button. You can find the list of active strategies in the Strategy escorts tab.
This feature allows you to display and edit the exact mapping details of the selected instrument:
Left-click the Add Instruments menu item to open the Instrument Escort popup and select an instrument list or single instrument. The chosen instrument list or instrument will be attached to already existing instruments within the scanner.
If the selected list contains instruments already included in the scanner, these instruments will be ignored, since duplicate entries cannot be created.
In order to delete an instrument from the Scanner:
- Select a row with the instrument name,
- left-click on the remove instrument button
This feature removes all instruments from your Scanner, it completely resets the list:
The button Copy to Instrument List offers two possibilities:
Instrument Lists: shows all available instrument lists within the submenu. Here you can select the list into which the instrument should be copied:
New: opens the Instrument Escort and creates a <New List> for selected multiple rows in the scanner. If only one row is selected, all instruments will be placed into the <New List> within the Instrument Escort:
It is necessary to distinguish between scanner lists and instrument lists. If you add a new instrument to an instrument list, it will not be automatically displayed in the scanner. You will be able to see it only after reloading the scanner.
TradersYard X allows you to reload multiple instrument lists using the Reload Instrument Lists option. After reloading, current information will be saved to the appropriate Scanner.
This option makes the most sense when you need to fetch the current values for a static, dynamic instrument list or one of the Preset scanner lists. In addition, the Automatically Reload Instruments Lists function allows you to reload the instrument list automatically.
This menu function becomes available only for futures contracts:
It allows you to move the expiration date of a futures contract.
The Assign AnalyzerSession menu function becomes available only if at least one Analyzer column is attached to the scanner. All you have to do is click on an active Analyzer column and select what AnalyzerSession to use:
The Signal Direction menu function becomes available only if at least one Analyzer column is attached to the scanner. All you have to do is click on an active Analyzer column and select what Signal Direction to scan for:
- Both Directions: Analyzer Escort column would display both direction signals.
- Long Only: Analyzer Escort column would display only long direction signals.
- Short Only: Analyzer Escort column would display only short direction signals.
The sort interval function allows you to define how (ascending vs descending) TradersYard X should automatically sort your signals in the Analyzer columns:
You can also adjust the resort interval. After applying changes to the way your instruments are getting sorted, the following Resort Interval adjustment window will appear:
This functionality makes it possible for you to be notified of signals or events that occur. When you activate (or deactivate) the Enable Sound Alerts option, it will be applied to the entire watch list or list chart group.
To assign a sound notification to a specific entry signal, select Strategies -> Setup Builder -> Select your Analyzer -> go to the Parameter tab -> Choose entry escort from the list -> SignalSound.
Selecting the Export to MS Excel option from the context menu will export the scanner list into a CSV file.
TradersYard X allows you to apply the saved settings to a new scanner using scanner templates.
When saving a scanner template, the following settings will be stored:
- columns inside the chart
- your current settings (background color, indicator parameters, etc.)
Please note that the list of instruments from the scanner will not be saved.
In order to load a scanner template, click on the scanner templates button and select your templates from Load -> Template Name
You can manage (rename, delete) your templates from there.
You can adjust the refresh rate of your Scanner. The lower the refresh rate, the more often your list will be getting updated.
Please note that low refresh rates require more resources from your PC.